news From All Africa
- South Africa: Malawi Comment Lifts Mood at Mandela Funeral
[SAPA]Qunu -Winnie Madikizela-Mandela’s sombre mood lifted for a moment when a joke was made about a faux pas by President Jacob Zuma, at Nelson Mandela’s state funeral in Qunu on Sunday.
- South Africa: Standing Ovation for Malawian President Banda's Speech at Mandela Funeral
[SAPA]Qunu -Malawian president Joyce Banda was amazed by former president Nelson Mandela’s humility and leadership, she said on Sunday.
- South Africa: Continent Indebted to Mandela – Ethiopian PM Desalegn
[SAPA]Qunu -Africa is indebted to former president Nelson Mandela for the sacrifices he made to the continent, Ethiopian Prime Minister and African Union chairman Hailemariam Desalegn said on Sunday.
- South Africa: Light Moment on Solemn Day for Mandela
[SAPA]Qunu -Guests at the state funeral of Nelson Mandela in Qunu in the Eastern Cape laughed as his granddaughter reminisced about the former president’s mischievous nature on Sunday.
- South Africa: Mandela Taught Forgiveness – Obituary
[SAPA]Qunu -It was through former president Nelson Mandela that the world learned the spirit of endurance and forgiveness, read an obituary delivered at his state funeral in Qunu, in the Eastern Cape on Sunday.
- Sudan: Thousands Displaced in South Kordofan Bomb Attacks
[Sudan Tribune]Khartoum -The Sudanese government is continuing its scorched earth policy in South Kordofan, with a series of recent bomb attacks displacing thousands of people and causing widespread destruction of property, the rebel Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) said in a statement.
- Zambia: Was the Nurses' Strike Necessary?
[Times of Zambia]Beyond the News returns this week and after nearly a month of recess, the column is anchored by a new author, relishing the privilege of interacting with all the dear followers of this file.
- South Africa: Mandela Has 'Joined the A-Team' of Ruling Party – Kathrada
[SAPA]Former president Nelson Mandela has left to join the “A-team” of the ANC, struggle veteran Ahmed Kathrada said at Mandela’s state funeral in Qunu on Sunday.
- Nigeria: The Night Lagos Stood Still for Madiba
[This Day]An evening of tributes for Nelson Mandela hosted by Professor Wole Soyinka at Freedom Park, Lagos provides a platform for unsparing criticism of the Nigerian government. Nseobong Okon-Ekong reports.
Digest powered by RSS Digest