news From All Africa
- Nigeria: Voting Right for Nigerians in Diaspora Soon – VP Osinbajo
[Daily Trust] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says voting right will soon be extended to Nigerians in Diaspora.
- Africa: The Business of (dis)Organised Crime in South Africa
[ISS] The concept of organised crime often evokes images of mafia-like figures and secret societies involved in acts like drug trafficking and murder.
- Cote d'Ivoire: The Lost Childhoods Behind Our Chocolate
[IRIN] Abidjan -Twelve-year-old Arouna* stands shirtless in a cocoa field in southwestern Côte d’Ivoire holding a hoe, his ribs clearly visible under his dark skin.
- Africa: Flashy Innovation Will Not Fuel the Data Revolution
[SciDev.Net] The global data shake-up has to be driven by national priorities and long-term investment, says Shannon Kindornay.
- Africa: African Data Champions Take Up SDG Challenge
[SciDev.Net] If you are unable to listen to this audio, please update your browser or click here to download [65.4 MB]
- Africa: Fast Paper Test Detects Three Diseases At Once
[SciDev.Net] A quick, paper-based blood test which can simultaneously detect the Ebola, dengue and yellow fever viruses has shown promising results in tests, say researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States.
- Burundi: The True Price of Nkurunziza's Third Term
[ISS] On Thursday 20 August, Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza surprised many when he was sworn in for his third mandate six days before the inauguration was scheduled to take place.
- Nigeria: 11 Children, Three Others Die in Niger Boat Accident
[Daily Trust] Minna -Eleven children of the same family have drowned in a boat mishap while attempting to cross the River Sarkin Power in Muya LGA of Niger State.
- South Africa: 'Police Brutality' Video Sparks Investigation
[News24Wire] The Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) will investigate a video of alleged police brutality by Douglasdale police after a video purporting to show this did the rounds.
Digest powered by RSS Digest