news From All Africa
- Nigeria: Army Chief Escapes Assassination Bid
[This Day] Abuja -The Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai, on Saturday escaped an attempt on his life when members of the Shiite Islamic Sect attacked his convoy in Zaria, Kaduna State. The attack, which was repelled by his security detail, may have left at least three people dead with over 20 others injured.
- South Africa: Zimbabwe's Currency Slide – Is This What SA Has to Look Forward To?
[News24Wire] The rand’s vertiginous slide is bringing back bad memories for Zimbabweans, who saw their own currency plummet in value over a 10-year period to 2008.
- Zimbabwe: I Don't Miss Zanu-PF – Mujuru
[Zimbabwe Standard] Former Vice-President Joice Mujuru says she is at peace as an ordinary citizen and does not miss Zanu PF or the luxury of being a vice-president in President Robert Mugabe’s government at all.
- Zimbabwe: Missing Activist Wins Rights Defender Award
[Zimbabwe Standard] Missing journalist-cum activist Itai Dzamara on Friday won the Oxfam sponsored human rights defender of the year award in recognition of his role in championing people’s rights before his abduction in March this year.
- Algeria/Nigeria: Africa U-23 Championship – Nigeria Beat Algeria to Emerge Champions
[Premium Times] The Nigeria U-23 team has emerged champions of the second edition of the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations following their 2-1 win over their Algerian counterparts on Saturday at the Leopold Sedar Senghor Stadium, Dakar.
- Zimbabwe: Why I Joined Magaya – Madzibaba
[Zimbabwe Standard] Sungura godfather Nicholas “Madzibaba” Zakaria says his decision to join Walter Magaya’s Prophetic Healing and Deliverance (PHD) Ministries was influenced by his trust and love for Nigerian televangelist TB Joshua’s sermons.
- Zimbabwe: 'Macheso Remains the Best'
[Zimbabwe Standard] Nicholas Zakaria is fighting in sungura star Alick Macheso’s corner saying his prodigy remains arguably the best musician in Zimbabwe despite all the negative campaign sired by the Madhawu hitmaker’s “enemies”.
- Nigeria/Algeria: Nigeria Clinches U-23 Afcon Trophy
[Daily Trust] Nigeria yesterday night clinched the 2015 U23 AFCON trophy with a 2-1 win against Algeria in Dakar, Senegal.
- South Africa/Senegal: February Takes South Africa Past Unlucky Senegal
[CAF] South Africa secured the continent’s final ticket for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games after beating host Senegal 3-1 on penalties in the third-place match on Saturday in Dakar.
Digest powered by RSS Digest