news From All Africa
- Namibia: Poor Exemplary Behaviour At Year-End
[Namibian] Namibia has witnessed several hair-raising or just plain scary incidents about our governance over the past several weeks. We should be very afraid.
- South Sudan: Fuelled By Corruption, War Enters Third Year
[IRIN] Washington -South Sudan is an oil-rich country with fertile soil and a wealth of untapped mineral riches. Pilfering money is easy for those who are so inclined, and the attraction of diverting revenues for personal benefit is a key reason why the young country has been mired in a deadly, destructive two-year conflict.
- Africa: Scientists Slip Infertility Gene Into Malaria Mosquito
[SciDev.Net] Researchers have produced the first-ever mosquito with genes that cause infertility in offspring, and hope to use this method to slash malaria transmission and deaths.
- Nigeria: MTN to Fight Record Fine in Court
[CAJ News] Johannesburg -MTN is taking the legal route in its efforts to have its landmark fine imposed on its Nigeria subsidiary reviewed.
- Kenya: Women's Rugby Team Qualifies for Rio 2016 Olympics
[The Star] World Rugby have confirmed Kenya’s women’s rugby Sevens team will compete at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- Kenya: Gruelling Tests for Standard 1 Pupils to End
[The Star] Children will no longer be subjected to stressful academic tests and interviews to determine if they can join standard one.
- Nigeria: N1.4 Trillion Fine – MTN Refuses to Pay, Challenges NCC in Court
[Vanguard] South African telecoms giant MTN said Thursday it would launch a court challenge against the $3.9 billion fine that Nigeria has ordered it to pay by December 31 for failing to disconnect unregistered users.
- Nigeria: Court Grants Biafra's Founder Unconditional Release
[Premium Times] The Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday granted the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, bail, the News Agency of Nigeria is reporting.
- Niger: Govt Foils a Military Coup Attempt
[Deutsche Welle] The country’s president told national TV viewers that several suspects have been detained for attempting a military takeover. Earlier this week, at least four senior military officers were arrested.
Digest powered by RSS Digest