news From All Africa
- Rwanda: Kagame Tells Off Critics
[East African] Rwandan President Paul Kagame has told off his critics, saying only Rwandans have the right to choose their leaders.
- Tanzania: Zanzibari Talks Now in the Hands of Govt
[East African] Two political parties key to resolving the dispute arising from the cancellation of elections in Zanzibar have dismissed ongoing talks as an engagement between party leaders in their capacity as government officials.
- Burundi: Talks to Resume Amid Calls for Veto of African Union Plan
[East African] The Burundi dialogue is set to resume on December 28 following calls by the international community to tame the escalating violence that has seen more than 300 killed since April.
- Africa: African Cotton to Be Exported Duty, Quota-Free
[East African] African countries can now export their cotton to developed countries duty-and quota-free as from January following a global deal sealed in Nairobi at the World Trade Organisation Ministerial Conference.
- South Africa: Eight Die in Cape Town Shack Fires
[News24Wire] Eight people were killed and 19 others were displaced in the early hours of Saturday morning across Cape Town when their shacks in were engulfed in flames, the city’s fire and rescue department said.
- Kenya: Suspected Militants Attack Police
[Nation] Security has been tightened in the entire Lamu County following the latest attack on a police vehicle by suspected Al-Shabaab militants which left one Administration Police officer dead.
- South Africa: Steyn Makes Solid Return Against England Cricketers
[News24Wire] Dale Steyn took two wickets up front with the new ball and a third with his final spell of the day to keep the Proteas on terms with England on day one of the opening Test at Kingsmead on Saturday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest