news From All Africa
- Morocco: Govt's War On Free Speech Is Costing Universities Dearly
[The Conversation Africa] Morocco frequently turns to the courts when it doesn’t like what its critics have to say. The charges levelled against journalist and historian Professor Maati Monjib reinforce just how common this tendency, which emerged during the 1970s, is in Morocco. The State tries to quash critique among journalists and other public intellectuals by using the judicial system and imposing extr
- Seychelles: Observers Endorse Election
[Seychelles News Agency] Barbarons -A day after results of the presidential election in Seychelles were announced, international observer missions have made known their preliminary observations of how the whole process was conducted.
- South Africa: Pistorius Plans to Approach Constitutional Court
[News24Wire] Murder convicted former paralympian Oscar Pistorius intends to apply for leave to appeal to the Constitutional Court, the High Court in Pretoria heard on Tuesday morning.
- Kenya: Ben Carson to Visit Kenya in Week-Long Africa Tour
[The Star] Ben Carson will tour Kenya, which he says is his ancestral home, Nigeria and Zambia in a week-long tour from December 27.
- South Africa: Land Bank to Help Drought-Hit Farmers
[News24Wire] The Land Bank has stepped in to provide financial relief to drought-hit farmers who are facing a bleak Christmas.
- Kenya: Nutrition Report Says Kids 'Too Short' for Age
[The Star] Twenty six per cent of children under the age of five are too short for their age, a World Nutrition report has said.
- Kenya: Starehe Politician Lauds Kenyatta Trips Abroad
[The Star] City politician Francis Mwangi has praised President Uhuru Kenyatta’s foreign trips.
- Cote d'Ivoire: Parliament Speaker Wanted By French Court
[Cameroon Tribune] Police in France are searching for Guillaume Soro, the President of the National Assembly of Côte d’Ivoire with a warrant of arrest issued by Sabine Khéris, a judge in a Paris Court.
- Somalia: US Fighter Flees Al-Shabaab After Islamic State Allegiance Row
[Al Jazeera] A middle-aged American citizen who had been fighting for al-Shabab in Somalia has fled the group after angering its leadership with a pledge of allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Digest powered by RSS Digest