news From All Africa
- Central African Republic: UN Peacekeepers Face New Sex Allegations in Central African Republic
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Bangui -United Nations peacekeepers in Central African Republic were hit on Wednesday with fresh accusations of sex abuses uncovered by a Thomson Reuters Foundation investigation amid growing concern about a failure to combat sexual misconduct.
- Kenya: Teachers Arrested Over KCPE Exam Leak
[Nation] Police in Mombasa have arrested 12 teachers with Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination content they had allegedly shared in a social media group.
- South Africa: Canada Wants to Help Identify Mystery Zululand Grave
[News24Wire] The High Commission of Canada has stepped forward with an offer to help trace the descendants of a fallen Canadian soldier whose grave was discovered in thick bush in Zululand.
- South Africa: Judge Decribes Mido Macia's Killing As 'Barbaric'
[News24Wire] A High Court judge in Pretoria has described the actions of the eight former Daveyton policeman, who dragged Mozambican taxi driver Mido Macia behind a police van before severely assaulting him, as barbaric.
- Kenya: Three Hours in Custody – Nation Journalist On His Arrest Over Graft Report
[Nation] It was my 32nd birthday, but Tuesday was another day in the office.
- Nigeria: Key Figures in Buhari's New Cabinet and Profiles
[Vanguard] Here are some of the key figures in Nigeria’s new cabinet, which was announced on Wednesday, more than five months after President Muhammadu Buhari took office:
- Tanzania: Maasai Locked in Legal Battle With US Safari Firm
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Nairobi -Maasai herders used to fighting to survive on the savannah have moved to a new battleground – a Tanzanian court – in a case highlighting increasing conflict in Africa between traditional culture and foreigners investing in land.
- South Africa: Expect Two Rate Hikes in 2016 – Economists
[News24Wire] Interest rate hikes in excess of a further 50 basis points would be too damaging to an already-shaky growth outlook and, as a result, no more than two hikes of 25 basis points each over the course of 2016, can probably be expected, according to economist Sanisha Packirisamy and Herman van Papendorp, head of macro research, at MMI Holdings.
- Nigeria: New Ministers Assume Duties, Pledge to Bring About Change in Nigeria
[Premium Times] Some of the 36 new ministers assumed duties few hours after they were inaugurated on Wednesday by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Digest powered by RSS Digest