news From All Africa
- East Africa: Mutasim Elected New Cecafa President
[CAF] Sudanese Mutasim Gafaar has been elected the president of the Council of East and Central Africa Football Associations (CECAFA) during the regional body’s election in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on Friday.
- Zimbabwe: Joker Grace Finds Amusing Side to Media Succession Speculation
[New Zimbabwe] “Are you saying Mugabe now wants to marry Mnangagwa? I don’t understand it because the only position from which I can be removed is that of being the First Lady.”
- Africa: Econet Founder Masiyiwa Drops From Africa's Top 50 Richest List
[New Zimbabwe] ECONET Wireless Zimbabwe, founder and owner Strive Masiyiwa, has dropped out of the Forbes Africa’s 50 Richest this year on the back of declining revenues in the public listed company.
- Zimbabwe: No Bonus, Pay Increment for Gweru Council Workers
[New Zimbabwe] GWERU City Council workers will not receive bonuses this year or salary increments for 2016, NewZimbabwe.com has learnt.
- Tunisia: 26th Annual Carthage Film Festival Opens in Tunis
[Deutsche Welle] The Carthage Film Festival has attracted more than 500 Arab and African movies to be screened in the capital and around the country. The eight-day event has been deemed an ‘antidote to violence.’
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe to Rule Until He Is 100
[New Zimbabwe] “We are going to create a special wheelchair for President Mugabe until he rules to 100 years because that is what we want.”
- Zimbabwe: Take Music Industry Seriously, Macheso Urges Youths
[New Zimbabwe] Music plays a critical role in peace and nation building and youths should be fully supported to showcase their talent.
- Kenya: Uhuru Declares War on Corruption
[Capital FM] Nairobi -President Uhuru Kenyatta has told all agencies involved in the war against corruption that their performance will be judged on the number of cases they win.
- South Africa: Govt, Editors Commit to Free and Thriving Media
[SAnews.gov.za] Pretoria -Government and the media have renewed their commitment to strengthen their relationship while promoting an environment for a free and thriving media.
Digest powered by RSS Digest