news From All Africa
- Kenya: Pope Conducts Mass in Nairobi
[Capital FM] Pope Francis has urged Kenyans to maintain peace and love to each other while remaining obedient to God, as he conducted mass at the University of Nairobi.
- Nigeria: South Africa Threatens to Arrest Nigeria's Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
[Premium Times] The South African government has threatened a jail term for Chris Oyakhilome if his church, Christ Embassy, fails to release its financial records, the South African based News24 is reporting.
- South Africa: I Love You Daddy Singer Dies
[News24Wire] eNCA on Thursday morning reported that local singer, Ricardo Groenewald has passed away.
- Kenya: Crowd Throngs for Papal Mass
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Kenyan Catholic leaders are expecting over a million people to attend an open-air mass led by Pope Francis in the capital Nairobi Thursday, the first full day of his Africa tour.
- Kenya: Pope Meets Leaders of Other Religions in Nairobi
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Pope Francis Thursday morning held an inter-faith dialogue with religious leaders where he advocated for peaceful co-existence among Kenyans and good governance to reduce radicalisation among the youth.
- Kenya: Atheists File Suit Opposing Holiday During Pope's Visit
[The Star] Atheists yesterday filed a suit opposing the declaration of today as a public holiday because of Pope Francis’ visit.
- South Africa: Weak Rand Impact Finally Lifting Tourism
[News24Wire] As a whole it looks like the South African tourism industry is picking up and now is the time for the industry to make full use of the opportunities the weaker rand brings, Danny Bryer, director of sales, marketing and revenue management for Protea Hotels, told Fin24 on Wednesday.
- Kenya: Pope Francis Rides Humble Honda to State House
[The Star] Pope Francis avoided bullet proof ‘popemobiles’ in his choice of the means of transport from the JKIA in Nairobi on Wednesday.
- South Africa: Gigaba Releases Stats On Zimbabwean Special Permit
[GroundUp] At a press briefing at Parliament today, Minister of Home Affairs Malusi Gigaba released statistics on the Zimbabwe Special Dispensation Permit (ZSP).
Digest powered by RSS Digest