news From All Africa
- Nigeria: Buhari Submits Ministerial List to the Senate
[Vanguard] At last, Senate President Bukola Saraki Wednesday received the first twenty – one names of nominees to make President Buhari ministerial list , just as the names would be forwarded in batches.
- Nigeria: Insurgency Stopped 126,484 Yobe Children From School – UNICEF
[Daily Trust] Damaturu -The United Nations Children’s Education Fund (UNICEF) has said that 126,484 children were thrown out of school by insurgency in Yobe State.
- Africa: Why African Energy Choices Need to Be Low Carbon – for the Continent's Own Sake
[The Conversation Africa] Africa is the poorest continent, with the fastest growing population. Rapid and sustained economic development is needed to overcome poverty.
- Nigeria: President Addresses Nigerians On Independence Day
[Guardian] Being text of speech by President Muhammadu Buhari to mark Nigeria’s 55th Independence anniversary.
- Zimbabwe: Govt to Outlaw Electric Geysers
[The Herald] Government will phase out electric geysers and replace them with solar powered water heating geysers in January next year as one of the measures to save electricity, Energy and Power Development Minister Dr Samuel Undenge said yesterday.
- Central African Republic: Elections in Doubt Amid Latest Violence
[Deutsche Welle] Fresh violence in Central African Republic has raised doubts next month’s elections taking place. Meanwhile, a UN expert has warned the country could descend into civil war if the militias and gangs were not disarmed.
- Cote d'Ivoire: Opposition March Against State Broadcaster to Demand Equal Access
[MFWA] On September 28, 2015, the Ivoirian opposition organised a march against the state broadcaster, Radiodiffusion Télévision Ivoirienne (RTI) to denounce what they called the government’s stranglehold on the state broadcaster.
- Nigeria: Breaking – Wizkid, Olamide, Praiz, Others Nominated for #theheadies2015!
[Vanguard] Lagos -With 2015 edition of Nigeria’s biggest and most prestigious annual music awards, The Headies, fast approaching, nominees for the annual awards have been revealed. Some of the biggest nominees for the year include Wizkid, Olamide and Praiz who have received six nominations while Yemi Alade, Cobhams have been nominated in five categories.
- Nigeria: Where is Buhari's List of Ministers?
[Vanguard] Abuja -PRESIDENT Muhammed Buhari failed to meet up with his earlier promise of submitting list of nominees to the Senate before the end of September. The president had assured that the list containing the nominees into ministerial offices would be submitted to the Red Chamber latest by September 30,for onward screening and possible confirmation.
Digest powered by RSS Digest