news From All Africa
- Malawi: Mutharika Back Home – to Discuss With Cabinet Sustainable Development Goals
[Malawi News Agency] Lilongwe -President Mutharika said he will soon be discussing with his cabinet on how best to execute the 17 newly adopted Sustainable Development Goals.
- Nigeria: We Have Clues to Boko Haram Sponsors – Army
[Leadership] The Nigerian Army yesterday reportedly disclosed that it has obtained names of some people suspected to be sponsors of the recent suicide bombings in Maiduguri and would be exposing each of them at the appropriate time.
- Angola: Rafael Marques De Morais On Angola's 'New Fascism'
[Daily Maverick] Angola’s fearless investigative journalist RAFAEL MARQUES DE MORAIS was awarded the prestigious Allard Prize for International Integrity last week, alongside Kenyan anti-corruption crusader John Githongo. This is an extract from Marques’ acceptance speech at the University of British Columbia.
- Africa: Africa's 'Light Bulb Moment' – by Bob Geldof and Strive Masiyiwa
[Africa Progress Panel] Africa’s 900 million people use less energy than Spain’s 47 million. In sub-Saharan Africa, 621 million people have no electricity whatsoever. Each year, 600,000 Africans – half of them children – die from household air pollution, caused by fuel wood and charcoal used for cooking.
- Nigeria: Woman Arrested for Selling Two-Month Old Baby
[Leadership] The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) yesterday paraded a woman identified as Nchechi Isioko from Mpu in Anirmri local government area of Enugu State for allegedly attempaing to sell her baby for One Hundred Thousand Naira (100,000).
- Nigeria: Alleged Bribery, Corruption and Money Laundering – Govt Mulls Diezani's Extradition
[Leadership] Hours after the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke was arrested by the United Kingdom National Crime Agency, and her residences in Abuja and Lagos simultaneously raided by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Federal Government has started mulling the idea of having her extradited back to Nigeria.
- South Africa: News24 Journo 'Threatened' At ANC Event
[News24Wire] A News24 reporter in South Beach, Durban was on Sunday threatened by an apparent ANC official after she was manhandled by a security guard wearing a party tag.
- Nigeria: Army Vows to Finish Off Boko Haram By December
[Premium Times] The Nigerian Army said on Sunday that no amount of distractions would deter it from ending the Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria by December.
- Kenya: Govt Forms El Niño Response Team
[Nation] The Government has formed a Multi-agency Communications Team to coordinate and disseminate information regarding El Niño rains.
Digest powered by RSS Digest