news From All Africa
- Kenya: With Schools Closed, Pupils Can Only Turn to Libraries
[The Star] Candidates are set to start writing the Kenya Certificate of Secondary and Primary Education exams mid-October.
- Burkina Faso: Government and Coup Leaders Sign Truce
[Al Jazeera] Burkina Faso coup leaders agreed to return to their barracks and said they would restore the deposed president to power, signing a deal with the army that apparently defuses a tense standoff sparked by last week’s coup.
- Africa: Eritreans Say They Also Deserve to Stay in Britain
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Bradford, England -Two young Eritreans, recent arrivals in northern England after paying smugglers thousands of dollars to take them across the Sahara desert, Mediterranean Sea and English channel, are hoping the British government will let them stay.
- Kenya: Teachers in Threat to Boycott Final Exams
[Nation] The fate of Form Four and Standard Eight national examinations remained unclear yesterday after the two teachers’ unions said they would not allow teachers to supervise them.
- Zimbabwe: Three More Elephants Found With Tusks 'Chopped Out'
[News24Wire] The carcasses of three more elephants, with their tusks “brutally chopped out”, have been found by rangers in northern Zimbabwe.
- South Africa: Zimbabwe to Fight 'Baseless' Sale of Property in South Africa
[News24Wire] Zimbabwe says it will fight the sale of its property in Cape Town after it was auctioned on Monday to compensate white farmers evicted from their land.
- South Africa: We'll Burn Him Again, Community Taunts Mom of Necklace Survivor
[News24Wire] The mother of the 25-year-old man who was set alight in Etwatwa, Daveyton in an apparent mob justice attack says she is scared for him to return home as she has been taunted by the community.
- Nigeria: 40 Percent of Children Don't Attend Primary School – UNICEF
[Daily Trust] The United Nation International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), says about forty percent of Nigeria children aged between 6-11 years do not attend any primary school in the country.
- Mozambique: Hundreds of Mozambican Poachers Killed in South Africa
[AIM] Maputo -Poaching rhinoceros in South Africa’s Kruger National Park is lethal – and not only for the rhinos.
Digest powered by RSS Digest