news From All Africa
- Congo-Brazzaville: French Socialist Party Condemns Sassou Nguesso's Third-Mandate Bid
[RFI] France’s ruling Socialist Party has condemned Congo President Denis Sassou Nguesso’s decision to hold a referendum on changes to the constitution that would allow him to run for a third term in office.
- Africa: SDGs and the Dangers of Data
[IRIN] New York -Amid the fanfare of hope surrounding this weekend’s adoption of a 17-point blueprint to end world poverty, there are murmurs of caution not to let the benchmarks obscure the real priorities ahead.
- Africa: Business & Development – Fashion, Unbridled Enthusiasm and Cold Showers
[IDS] In aid and development, business is fast becoming the new black. If business can do the heavy-lifting of creating jobs and wealth, societies can be transformed and people can lift themselves out of poverty.
- Rwanda: Primary Healthcare – the First Step Toward Stronger Health Systems
[New Times] The Ebola crisis laid bare major gaps in the world’s ability to deliver life-saving health services. Leaders have a responsibility to mobilize an effective response to prevent future epidemics.
- Rwanda: Students Cry Foul Over School Canteens
[New Times] Teachers and students in both private and public secondary schools are yet to get to terms with the Ministry of Education’s instructions banning of canteens in schools.
- Africa: What Are the Sustainable Development Goals and Why Do They Matter?
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] United Nations -The United Nations adopted on Friday an ambitious new set of global goals to end poverty, hunger, advance equality and protect the environment over the next 15 years.
- Kenya: 12-Year-Old Kenyan Boy With HIV Gets Standing Ovation At UN Aids Conference
[Nation] New York -A 12-year-old Kenyan boy with HIV received a standing ovation from hundreds of delegates after delivering the opening remarks at a United Nations conference on Aids on Sunday.
- Nigeria: How the West Can Fight Boko Haram
[African Arguments] The US and others may not be able to provide weapons to an army implicated in human rights abuses. But helping reform Nigeria’s prisons and police could have a real impact.
- Africa: Sustainable Development Goals Are in Reach If African Universities Work Together
[The Conversation Africa] By 2030, if the United Nations has its way, poverty will be history. Nobody will wake up or go to bed hungry. Cities and communities will be sustainable. Quality education will be a reality for all.
Digest powered by RSS Digest