news From All Africa
- South Africa: SA Men's Hockey Squad Announced
[News24Wire] The SA men’s hockey squad was announced on Saturday at the conclusion of the Interprovincial Tournament at Tuks Astro in Pretoria.
- South Africa: Rugby Player Suffers Heart Attack on Field
[News24Wire] A Western Province Under-21 player on Saturday collapsed on the field of play after suffering a cardiac arrest during his team’s provincial Under-21 match against the Leopards at Newlands.
- South Africa: Car Slams Into Accident Scene
[News24Wire] A man driving his wife to hospital slammed into an accident scene in Durban in the early hours of Sunday morning, paramedics said.
- Morocco: Migrants Waiting Their Moment in the Moroccan Mountains
[IPS] Ceuta -In the middle of the mountains behind the border fence of Ceuta, the Spanish enclave in Morocco, and eight kilometres from the nearest Moroccan village of Fnideq, an uncertain number of migrants live in the woods. No one knows exactly how many they are but charity workers in Melilla, Spain’s other enclave in Morocco, say they could be in their thousands.
- Libya: 'We Are Making Progress' On Political Agreement – UN Envoy
[UN News] The United Nations envoy facilitating efforts to restore peace in Libya said today that real progress was being made as the participants wrapped-up the latest round of the political dialogue process, which has been taking place in Geneva.
- Africa: Boko Haram – Al-Shabab Top Agenda As Africa's Defence Chiefs Meet
[Vanguard] The Defence HQ disclosed yesterday that in a bid to enhance the multi-national approach towards fighting terrorism which is ravaging African regions, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Gabriel Olonisakin is currently in Bamako, Mali for the meeting of African Union (AU) Chiefs of Defence Staff and Ministers of Defence.
- Africa: Fleeing to South Africa
[Deutsche Welle] Every day, thousands of refugees arrive in Germany. But many African refugees do not see the journey over the Mediterranean as their first choice: hundreds of thousands are hoping for a better life in South Africa.
- Nigeria: New-Look Nigeria Held in African Cup Qualifiers
[Al Jazeera] Nigeria were held to a goalless draw away to Tanzania in their African Nations Cup qualifier in a disappointing start for new coach Sunday Oliseh.
- South Africa/Mauritania: 10-Man Bafana Thrashed By Mauritania
[News24Wire] Bafana Bafana’s AFCON 2017 qualification hopes lie in tatters after losing 3-1 to Mauritania on Saturday night.
Digest powered by RSS Digest